THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What I'm reading right now

So, I mentioned in my last post that I would be doing the Sookie Stackhouse challenge.  This one is not going to be a problem at all.  In fact I'm already on the final published book of the series.  It has been a great year for Miss Stackhouse.  The hit show on HBO has become one of my all time favorite TV dramas.

I started reading Dead and Gone a couple of nights ago after finishing Beautiful Creatures (review to come).  I've got about a hundred pages left and I find it so hard to put it down.  I'm kind of forcing myself to slow down at this point.  I've raced through the rest of the series but I'm afraid that if I race through this book I'll have so long to wait until the next installment.  Does that ever happen to anyone?  You find a series you really love and as soon as you close to back cover you feel completely disappointed because now you have nothing else to look forward too until the next book, if there even is one, comes out?  I know I felt that way with the Twilight Saga.  I didn't start reading the series until the movie was out and there was so much hype about it.  I raced through the first three installments and as I finished the last I just felt so hopeless because I knew there would never be another book in the series.  It will be a sad day indeed when Charlaine Harris decides the throw in the towel with the Sookie Stackhouse novels.

I think the next novel on my list to read will be Hush, Hush.  I picked it up at Barns & Nobel yesterday.

-S

1 comments:

Alyssa Kirk said...

I've read all the Sookies. Love them!